ANSA Queensland Code of Ethics.
"Sport, Conservation and Integrity"
- Obey and respect the local regulations and conventions that govern fishing in your chosen area.
- Purposefully conduct yourself in such a manner so as to minimise any negative impact on the fish’s environment. Being mindful that anchoring and speed restrictions are as important as preventing littering, pollution and habitat destruction.
- The fisher’s environment should be protected as well as the fish’s. Do not indulge in littering, in particular with discarded tackle. Disposal of offal and unwanted bait should be undertaken in a manner that is both environmentally sound and publicly acceptable.
- Respect the rights and interests of others especially those other anglers and commercial fishers who are legally participating in the fishery.
- Be aware of the relationship between the fisher and their quarry and understand that the choice of the individual is important when dealing with a capture.
- Respect the rights of property owners including those who exclude access for personal or cultural reasons and negotiate access to waters rather than trespass.
- Participate where possible in scientific, educational and community programs that benefit the fishery or recreational anglers.
- Fish taken should be killed quickly and should be prepared and preserved in such a manner as to minimise spoilage and waste. Where a fish is not wanted, it should be returned in such manner that maximises its chances of survival. Wanton unnecessary destruction of undesired species is unacceptable.
- Be aware of the natural range of fish species and do not move live fish, especially for use as bait, outside their normal range.
Burdekin Recreational SFC 19th Interclub challenge 6-7th July
Dates for ANSA QLD Statewide Updated!
15-18 August 2013
Only a couple of months until the Length comp is finished!
Why not fish in the
ANSA QLD Length Comp!
Runs all year to 30th June 2013
Open to all ANSA QLD members
Junior and Senior Categories
Win one of four $150 gift vouchers at a fishing tackle store of your choice!
Senior and Junior species category winners at the end of June 2013 now go into a draw for a chance to win a gift voucher. Find out more and check out the leaderboard at: